Family Dentist in Olathe For Bright Healthy Smiles
August 19, 2021
A family dentist is an important member of your healthcare team, and choosing the right dentist can be a challenge. There are lots of reasons you might be asking “How do I choose a family dentist?” Maybe you’ve just moved to a new city. You don’t know anyone, and you need to find a new dentist. Perhaps you have a new job or different dental insurance and can no longer see your current provider. You may ask friends or family to recommend someone, but that person may not be in network for your insurance plan, or may not have office hours that meet your family’s needs. Whatever the reason, here are a few items to consider as you begin your search.
Do you want one family dentist to take care of everyone in your household? Though some dental practices only offer dentistry for adults, and some for only children, the Olathe Dental Care Center (ODCC) offers comprehensive dental services for the entire family. This can be very convenient as it allows you to schedule appointments together and have all of your dental records in one place. It also makes it easy for children to continue seeing the dentist they know and trust as they move on into adulthood.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions for questions to ask when looking for a family dentist:
- Is the dental office in a location that’s convenient to your home or workplace? We all have busy schedules, and travel time may be a consideration in choosing any healthcare provider.
- Are their office hours convenient for you? In addition to our regular office hours, ODCC offers extended hours on Fridays and alternating Saturdays.
- Is the provider in-network for your dental insurance? ODCC accepts many forms of dental insurance as well as offering payment plans.
- Is the family dentist a member of the American Dental Association? The ADA “powers the profession of dentistry to advance the overall oral health of the public.” Their Seal of Acceptance program helps patients find oral care products that have been proven to be safe and effective. When you choose an ADA member provider, you know you are choosing a trusted professional to care for your family.
Other things to consider when choosing a family dentist include:
- The emergency care policy: Do they have staff available to deal with dental emergencies outside regular office hours? If not, how can patients receive care in an emergency?
- What types of anesthesia are available? Does the practice offer sedation for patients who need it?
- What is the policy on missed appointments?
Like many important personal decisions, finding a new family dentist can be challenging and time consuming. At the Olathe Dental Care Center, we do our best to make the new patient process quick and convenient. We take your smile seriously, and our professional team of dentists and hygienists offer the best in dental care services. Our office staff is always ready to answer any questions you have about appointments, insurance and payment options. We hope you will consider choosing us as your family dentist. Call us at 913.782.1420 or request an appointment online. Celebrating over 60 years of smiles in Olathe, we look forward to seeing you soon!