Family Dentistry: 7 Steps to a Brighter Smile
Looking for a family dentistry practice in Olathe to help you achieve a healthier, whiter smile? Olathe Dental Care Center has a top-notch team of dentists and hygienists who work with patients of all ages. With over sixty years of healthy smiles in Olathe and Johnson County, we know what it takes to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
- Practice good oral hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. This will help reduce staining and keep your smile bright.
- Visit your dentist regularly for cleanings and checkups. While the necessary interval for some people is different, a cleaning every 6 months is still a good guideline.
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco! Doing so stains your teeth and can also contribute to gum disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has information on tobacco’s impact on your oral health.
- Avoid (or limit) foods and beverages that can stain your teeth. These include such things as coffee, cola, tea, and red wine as well as acidic foods like berries. The good news is that practicing good oral hygiene can really help you avoid stains in the first place.
- Eat a healthy diet. Make sure you are getting enough calcium and other nutrients for strong, healthy teeth and gums.
- Use an at-home tooth whitening product. The American Dental Association (ADA) offers a seal of approval for products that are known to be safe.
- Consider professional teeth whitening. Your dentist has access to products that are safe and effective. Most importantly, he or she knows your dental history and can ensure that any product used to whiten your teeth will not cause damage or other problems.