Family Dentistry: 7 Steps to a Brighter Smile
March 3, 2022
Looking for a family dentistry practice in Olathe to help you achieve a healthier, whiter smile? Olathe Dental Care Center has a top-notch team of dentists and hygienists who work with patients of all ages. With over sixty years of healthy smiles in Olathe and Johnson County, we know what it takes to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
With the advent of cell phones, people are having their pictures taken more often than ever. Not only are pictures more frequent, but they are shared more widely than ever before thanks to social media platforms. For some, this leads to anxiety about their smile. If you are one of those people who feels uncomfortable showing your teeth in public, there are some easy steps you can take to achieve a more attractive, brighter smile. Our family dentistry practice can help.
- Practice good oral hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. This will help reduce staining and keep your smile bright.
- Visit your dentist regularly for cleanings and checkups. While the necessary interval for some people is different, a cleaning every 6 months is still a good guideline.
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco! Doing so stains your teeth and can also contribute to gum disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has information on tobacco’s impact on your oral health.
- Avoid (or limit) foods and beverages that can stain your teeth. These include such things as coffee, cola, tea, and red wine as well as acidic foods like berries. The good news is that practicing good oral hygiene can really help you avoid stains in the first place.
- Eat a healthy diet. Make sure you are getting enough calcium and other nutrients for strong, healthy teeth and gums.
- Use an at-home tooth whitening product. The American Dental Association (ADA) offers a seal of approval for products that are known to be safe.
- Consider professional teeth whitening. Your dentist has access to products that are safe and effective. Most importantly, he or she knows your dental history and can ensure that any product used to whiten your teeth will not cause damage or other problems.
The care team at your dentist’s office are the real experts in helping determine the right dental care regimen for you and your family. Olathe Dental Care Center provides complete family dentistry services, and accepts most dental insurance plans. We also offer payment options to those without insurance. To schedule a checkup, or get more information about any aspect of dental care, contact us at 913.782.1420 or visit our website. We look forward to helping you and your family achieve the bright and healthy smiles you want.