Family Dentistry: Why Dental Cleanings Are Essential
Call your family dentistry team and schedule your next cleaning today, it’s important to the health of your teeth, but your overall health as well! Olathe Dental Care Center has a top-notch team of dentists and hygienists who work with patients of all ages; it’s the family dentistry team that fits everyone’s needs. Dental cleanings are essential to maintaining good overall physical health – not just what’s in your mouth.
A dental or teeth cleaning is a routine dental treatment that everyone should get regularly with their family dentistry team to maintain exceptional dental health. How Often Should I Get a Dental Checkup? In most cases, our family dentistry team recommends you schedule a visit once or twice a year for an oral exam and teeth cleaning. Good dental hygiene is absolutely essential regarding personal health as well. The teeth cleaning treatment removes bacteria, plaque, and tartar buildup in the mouth to leave you with a fresh, clean, healthy smile! Here are some additional reasons why seeing a family dentistry team for dental cleanings are extremely important:
- Preventing gum disease – Getting a dental cleaning on a regular basis can prevent this common problem. Gum disease can not only lead to bad breath and sensitive gums, but it can even lead to bleeding and receding gums if left unmanaged for too long.
- Minimize bad breath – If you struggle with bad breath, booking a routine teeth cleaning may help you clear up the problem. Regular teeth cleanings help prevent bad breath.
- Reduces risks of cavities – Cavities are caused by bacteria, and bacterial buildup is more common when a lot of plaque and tartar is present on your teeth. When you get routine teeth cleanings, all the plaque and tartar are removed, minimizing your chances of getting any cavities in the future.
- Early oral cancer detection – At every tooth cleaning, your dentist will check your mouth for any potential signs of oral cancer. Early detection is key to catching oral cancer in time, so keeping up on your cleanings can make all the difference.
- Lowers risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes – Good oral hygiene has been linked to a healthier cardiovascular system, lower risk of diabetes, and lower risk of similar illnesses. Seeing your family dentistry team regularly can help you out physically too!
Getting a checkup every six months can help the dentist catch problems before they get worse and improve your overall physical health along with your dental health. Olathe Dental Care Center has been providing family dentistry services for more than half a century in Olathe, KS. If you would like to schedule an appointment or need more information about any aspect with our family dentistry team, contact us at 913.782.1420 or visit our website. We look forward to helping you maintain beautiful, healthy smiles!